(August 21, 2023 - Blue Ash)
The City of Blue Ash worked with Envision Group on an economic development survey and review.
The survey of stakeholders focused on the changing market dynamics of the post-COVID real estate market as it applies to Blue Ash.
Some key takeaways:
- Post-COVID “new normal” must embrace non-office uses
- Strategic incentives may be necessary to enhance targeted properties (esp. Class B/C office)
- Continue City’s focus on placemaking and connectivity including Summit Park buildout
- Co-working space locally would be a plus but may be challenging in a suburban market
- Mixed-use housing continues to be in high demand and would benefit economic development
- City’s remaining target development sites are catalysts for citywide reinvestment
Envision’s Emil Liszniansky presented the results of the survey at the July 13 City Council meeting. Watch the presentation on YouTube here.