Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, Lt. Governor Jon Husted, and Dr. Amy Acton, MD, MPH, made several major announcements yesterday regarding Ohio's plan to responsibly restart Ohio's economy during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The guiding principles of the Responsible Restart Ohio plan are protecting the health of employees, customers, and their families, supporting community efforts to control the spread of COVID-19, and responsibly getting Ohio back to work, according to a news release from Governor DeWine's office.
5 PROTOCOLS FOR ALL BUSINESSES:
- Require face coverings for employees and recommend them for clients/customers at all times. Click here for exceptions.
- Conduct daily health assessments by employers and employees (self-evaluation) to determine if “fit for duty.”
- Maintain good hygiene at all times – hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing.
- Clean and sanitize workplaces throughout the workday and at the close of business or between shifts.
- Limit capacity to meet social distancing guidelines. Establish maximum capacity at 50% of fire code and use appointment setting where possible to limit congestion.
- Responsible protocols for getting Ohio back to work
- Responsible Restart Ohio for manufacturing, distribution and construction, consumer retail and services, and general office