The Greater Cincinnati area-spanning 15 counties in three states-is known as Cincinnati USA for marketing purposes. Cincinnati USA was named as one of the "Top 10 U.S. Cities For Work and Family" by Fortune Magazine and one of "America's Most Livable Cities" by Partners for Livable Communities. The region features a mild climate, world-class arts organizations and museums, professional sports teams, 40,000 acres of green space and major cultural events. It often plays host to traveling arts, culture, political forums and sports events of national or international prominence.
Cincinnati USA has been recognized by prominent business media within the past two years as:
- #8 of Top Metro Areas for New & Expanded Facilities by Site Selection Magazine
- #12 Best Metro Area for European Investment by Expansion Management Magazine
- #16 Best Metro Area for Business Expansion by Expansion Management Magazine
- #10 Most Innovative Region in the U.S. by credit card giant Visa®
In the Cincinnati USA region today, more than:
- 1.56 million workers live within 50 miles of downtown Cincinnati
- 100,000+ are employed in advanced manufacturing
- 30,000+ are employed in the IT sector
- 56% of the workforce is "white collar" and 19% is in "service"
Cincinnati USA has a concerted initiative to cultivate research, applied technology and entrepreneurial growth in:
- Advanced manufacturing for the aerospace and automotive industries
- Biotechnology and life sciences
- Branding and marketing professionals
- Information technology
These targeted "clusters" are chosen to reflect the strengths of the region and market realities for long-term growth. The end goal is to leverage the talents of a highly educated workforce, the assets of the higher education institutions and the vision to maintain a diverse economy over the long-term.
Blue Ash's Standing in Cincinnati USA
REDI Cincinnati, Greater Cincinnati's regional economic development organization, has 100+ participants that work cooperatively to market the greater region. Within REDI, the City of Blue Ash sits on the Board of Governors with only a handful of other local governments and entities to provide key leadership for the region.
In the middle of Cincinnati USA-literally and figuratively-is Blue Ash, Ohio.
Blue Ash is an integral part of the metropolitan area that has been traditionally anchored by the City of Cincinnati. Regional population shifts and incremental growth have moved northward from Cincinnati, creating new communities which extend the metropolitan reach significantly past Blue Ash into adjacent counties. This shift positions Blue Ash as the virtual epicenter geographically between downtown Cincinnati and the effective metropolitan reach.
Municipal planners project that growth southward from Dayton and the burgeoning, northerly movement from Cincinnati soon will connect to form a dynamic corridor of commerce and consumers between metropolitan Dayton and the Greater Cincinnati region. When this occurs, Blue Ash is poised to be a primary anchor at the southern end of the corridor because of its attractive mix of commerce, beauty and stature as a model city.
Economic Development Director
City of Blue Ash
4343 Cooper Road
Blue Ash, OH 45242